What differentiates the French education system from the Ukrainian school?
- The main objective of the French School is a progressive acquisition of skills starting from the age of 3 years.
- Pre-school is a real school where children will begin to acquire the basic elements and skills to begin the initial access to the fundamental learning cycle (primary school).
- The French education system has the objective that children can learn to think.
- The books are regularly reprinted in France to contain the most recent information and teach children about the scientific findings and the latest works of art.
- Each French teacher is regularly inspected by inspectors of the Ministry of National Education. This ensures strict respect of the programs, methods and books approved by the Ministry.
- With the primary school children acquired social skills, they will become familiar with the rules of life in society. At the end of their schooling (18 years) the child has become a young adult and a citizen open-minded to the world with a good knowledge of political, economic and cultural principles of society.
Why is there no timetable in the pre-school?
The pre-school program is based on learning skills (see program). It is followed that gradually each day, the teacher gives each skill equal importance and the teacher determines the proper skills learning timetable.
What if the child is used to sleeping for 2-3 hours in the afternoon?
At school, the sleeping time will change, the children will get used to falling asleep in the evening.
How do the children come out into the court during rain or snow?
When it’s cold all the children go outside warmly dressed. For us there is no reason to stay indoors because of bad weather. Then the duration of recess will be shortened.
What do the children do in the daycare?
The morning from 7:30 a.m until 8:20 a.m, the children play under the surveillance of assistants. From 4 p.m to 6 p.m, the assistants propose to the children different artistic activities or cartoons in French or in English.
I don’t speak French. How can I check the success of my child?
The knowledge of French by the parents is not required. The children learn the majority of the lessons at school, there is almost no homework. From time to time the children receive artistic homework to do at home and they are able to do them without help. If your child needs individual help, the teacher will alert you. Remember that the control of the education progress is under the professional attention of the teacher.
If ever the child quits our school, could he return to the Ukrainian system? What will his level be?
The Ukrainian educational program is provided to Ukrainian pupils. It is a summary program which takes into account that the children have already learned in French and the specificities of the Ukrainian program. The experience of identical schoolsshow that all children who for one reason or another joining the local school are in the upper tier of their class.
What is the level conformity between Ukrainian and French school systems?
See the attached document “level conformity”
Will there be unexpected expenses during the school year that are not included in the financial conditions?
The following costs are not provided for in the financial conditions:
– Potential travels
– Extracurricular activities whose price depends on the number of pupils enrolled. It is the parents’ Committee who will take care of the control and payment for these activities,
– Potential daily transport
As these fees are not part of the educational program of our school, they are not compulsory.
Do all teachers come from France?
The teachers are mostly certified teachers of French National Education. They follow the school program and teachings in the classrooms. There are also in every classroom assistants who help children integrate into the French system. These assistants are expected to become teachers in the future.
The Ukrainian program is taught by certified Ukrainian teachers of the Ukrainian Ministry of Education.
In the CNED class, most teachers will be French.
What does the school do if a child is ill and came at school?
In the case of contagious diseases we ask parents not to send children to school, according to the demand of the majority of parents. In all other cases the parents decide themselves whether the child can attend school.
In the case of injury or problems occurring at the school the nurse will take the necessary and immediate precautions. The parents will be informed immediately.
In case of a contagious disease the child will be immediately isolated.
What diploma will my child receive at the end of his studies in our school?
The French baccalaureate degree is the diploma at the end of the secondary school issued by the French Ministry of Education. This diploma gives access to universities in European Union in particular.
If our family is moving to another country, will the education level of the child be recognized?
Depending on where you are moving,
-The education level will be recognized by any French international school approved by AEFE or MLF.
– Our school will prepare all the necessary documents.
And do not forget that you can always return to our school!
And if “difficult children” disrupt the learning of my child?
We teach children to respect discipline and strict standards of behavior. Our teaching team quickly sees children in need of attention. If it’s necessary, we can give parents psychological recommendations.
At what age can you enroll your child in our school? Is it too late after 3 years?
The school registration is open from 3 to 15 years. It is understood that the interest of the child is to enter as soon as possible to become familiar with the use of languages from an early age.
For the school year 2016-2017 the knowledge of the French language is not mandatory 3 to 7 years. From 8 years all children should have the DELF level A2 corresponding to a volume of about 150 hours of learning. Tests are available before registration. If it is successful, the pupil will follow French as a foreign language at school daily for a year, while being part of a group class for other subjects.